Least popular WSOP Champs?

Discussion in 'Poker Promotions, Free Poker Chips and more' started by Marina, May 7, 2009.

Play Book of RA Online
  1. Marina

Marina Administrator Staff Member

A subjective view on five past champions of poker's biggest tournament

Poker Listings published an interesting study contrasting popular and industry-contributing former World Series of Poker former champs like Raymer, Moneymaker and Hachem with less visible or plain unpopular poker personalities that have won the honour.

Check out Top 5 least popular WSOP Main Event winners - Poker News to see what Jerry Yang, Amarillo Slim, Robert Varkonyi, Jamie Gold and Russ Hamilton have in common.

InfoPowa News
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  2. Arachnaphid

Arachnaphid Active Member

thanks for the great post Marina
  3. Mick114

Mick114 Well-Known Member

I think Phil is calming down somewhat.If you seen him in the recent HU championship on NBC ( or one of the networks)sponsored by go daddy he was a complete gentleman.Also took down that match with flawless play to advance to the next level.Far as I'm concerned even when he was a bugger he was still a excellent player ( esp HU) and entertaining in his own way.
  4. russ hamilton in my opinion. after the AP superuser scandal it is hard to argue otherwise. i remember hearing a story about mr. binion giving a wsop winner his weight in silver one year and the winner had like 5 pounds of change in his pocket and was eating excessively. i remembered it was an older fellow, was this hamilton does anybody know?
20 Free Spins at Lucky Dino