Stolen car makes for a bad first date

Discussion in 'Lets Talk about gambling and more...' started by vacant1, Oct 5, 2009.

$10 Free at Slots Capital
  1. vacant1

vacant1 Well-Known Member

I thought this was hilarious!!!

Talk about a really bad date; talk about yet another really dumb car thief…

Terrance McCoy of Detroit was recently sentenced to at least two years in prison for stealing a woman’s car. Granted, there’s nothing exceptionally newsworthy about a car thief receiving jail time – especially in economically-depressed Motor City. What is notable, however, is that the car McCoy purloined belonged to a woman he was dating for the first time.

McCoy, 24, had taken his 27-year-old female companion to a Ferndale, Mich. restaurant and by all accounts a good time was had by all… up until when the bill was presented. That’s when the not-so-Real McCoy pulled the old, “Oops, I seem to have forgotten my wallet” routine.

The woman told investigators McCoy claimed he had probably forgotten his wallet in her car. McCoy asked his date for her car keys and she complied. But instead of retrieving his wallet and settling the tab, McCoy decided to steal his date’s wheels.

Thus, not only did McCoy stiff his date, he left her to the mercy of public transit for the trip home. Oh, Romeo, Romeo…!

McCoy was subsequently arrested – no shocker there given the victim had an excellent description of the thief. McCoy pleaded no contest to unlawfully driving away a vehicle. (A no contest plea is not an admission of guilt but is treated as a conviction at sentencing.)

Defense attorney Terri Antisdale said McCoy is a “very nice man who made a bad decision.”

Antisdale didn’t clarify if that “bad decision” was stealing a car – or being a shameless cheapskate.

No word if a second date has been scheduled for sometime in 2011 when McCoy will be released from prison

:vampir:

1 person likes this.
  2. Kotsy

Kotsy Well-Known Member

Good one vacant

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
Quasar Gaming